Friday, 5 June 2015

REUNIONS

Life has been treating me well these days and I am thankful for everyone who has made my week! ^‿^

WORK


Work was so exhausting yesterday, with all that walking under a blistering hot sun. Still, we got to interact with more elderly people and that always makes my day!

This 80-year-old auntie was so adorable! She has a very 慈祥 vibe and I think anyone who talks to her will instantly cheer up because she was so smiley! One smile from her and it will brighten up your entire week. She kinda looks like this -> (◍•ᴗ•◍) aww I want to go back and chit chat with her some more.

Actually, I really wish I could stay and chat with them more, beyond the contents of the survey, but aiya short of time and need to hit the numbers. Also, if I interview 200 people, I can't possibly go back and visit all 200, hahaha.

Today's work was much more chill. Visited one house, had a meeting, and spent most of the time walking or sitting around with Jeannie to kill time. All that down time also meant HTHT sessions and finding good food for lunch! Pizza Hut yesterday, Itacho Sushi today. We are eating more than we are earning, oops.

#07-163


Reunited with the suite yesterday! ٩(●˙▿˙●)۶

We had dinner at GRUB, which of all the cafes I have visited probably had the most insects.

We were seated outside at first, and could constantly here this popping sound that turned out to be insects being electrocuted to death by this blue-light device thingythingy (what a description). We were not spared even when we moved indoors, because a huge bee was flying around and eventually fell into our water. Bee soup, how appetising.

I think I made bad decisions with my orders. Got the Truffled Bacon Baked Eggs, which costs $9. I know it was an appetiser, but the portion was so small. I expected 2 eggs and was disappointed to find only one. Also, I don't actually like mushrooms so I don't know what I was thinking when I ordered this. I think I let my love of eggs blind my judgment.

grub cafe truffled bacon baked eggs
I am unimpressed.

Shared the Chicken Drumlets with Salted Egg Sauce and Curry Leaves with Vicky! This was not bad, but nothing impressive either. The salted egg taste was barely noticeable, compared to Wah Chee's salted egg chicken.

grub cafe chicken drumlets salted egg
Tasted average. I would give this a B on the NUS bell curve.

We also decided to surprise Liana and Eunice with an early birthday celebration. They were conveniently seated with their backs facing the restaurant, so the waiter presented the cake completely to their oblivion until we burst out singing. 成功!(•̀ᴗ•́)و

The best thing Tembusu could have ever given me :')

After living together for two semesters together, one dinner session was certainly not enough. We took forever hugging and saying goodbye and talking some more and missing traffic lights and hugging and saying goodbye again until we finally pried ourselves away from each other, ha ha.

'Twas a great catch-up session and I really hope we can meet again soon once everybody is done flying everywhere!

T4


Went back to crash pre-camp today! I love going back for camps because it is always the time for T4 reunion ヽ(゜∀゜)メ(゜∀゜)メ(゜∀゜)ノ

Dinnered at Wah Chee, sat around and talk cock for super long, then suppered at Ameens -- more catching up and laughing over nonsense! At one point, I laughed till I drooled, HA HA HA why am I even sharing this (⊃‿⊂)

Left the house at 10am and reached home at 2am, so draining but it was completely worth the exhaustion. Much love for my first friends in NUS who played a significant role in shaping the foundation of my university life and making it so much more enjoyable!

Action 214!
(Oh man, my eyebrows are still pointy and weird after my terrible threading experience last week with this lady who over plucked my brows and made it look so unnatural, grrr.)

It has been a tiring but amazing week. Looking forward to nua-ing at home this weekend to catch up on some much-needed rest!

I am so very thankful for each and every one who has made my summer so amazing thus far (*´◡`*)

No comments:

Post a Comment