Sunday, 14 June 2015

SALADS ARE GROSS

Today turned out to be an impulsive shopping day. I'm not even kidding -- I actually bought a pair of portable mini scissors. Although it doesn't trump the time I bought a blanket on impulse.

I think it's about time I start keeping track of my expenses and saving for my future, but that would be acknowledging the start of adulthood which I am still in denial of.

Anyway, I am very happy with what I bought/ate today, so I shall talk about it here! It is actually rather useful to keep a record of my life in a blog, and I sometimes refer to my old blog when I need to check the date of past events, hur hur.

***

Really glad that I got to spend some time alone at lunch! I actually chose to have lunch outside instead of eating at home, because time alone outside just feels different. Such logic.

In an attempt to lead a healthier lifestyle, I tried my first ever salad today! The conversion failed terribly and the only thing I enjoyed was the croutons (つ﹏<)

Okay, the broccoli was not too bad as well, which is already quite an accomplishment.

saladstop
Why must healthy things taste so disgusting?

Next, finally went to get my glasses after procrastinating for so bloody long. I have been trying on glasses at Owndays and getting opinions from so many friends that it's about time I got them.

Their service was pretty good! The optician who helped me was really nice and friendly, plus I only had to wait 20 minutes to collect my glasses, just like they promised.

20 minutes passed faster than I expected, just walk around and shop for a bit and your glasses are done (which was when I bought the mini scissors on impulse *facepalm* although to be fair, I have been thinking of getting one after using my keys as makeshift scissors several times).

owndays PC glasses
Tadah! AFTER TRYING IT ON FOR A GAZILLION TIMES.

And since Mabel was late, I just roamed around the Public Garden flea by myself. I looove the fleas by Public Garden, and this seems to be their biggest one yet. So happy when shopping, hee hee (▰˘◡˘▰)

public garden consumer trade show

So... I ended up spending $30 on accessories (-‸ლ) But everything was so pretty, how to resist?!

Knot ring, $8

Rose quartz necklace, $22

I love them both so no regrets! ʅ(*´◡`)ʃ

Fiiiinally met Mabel after that, and I got to choose what to eat since she was very late, ahaha. SATISFIED MY RISOTTO CRAVING, YESSSS (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)و

The last time I ate at Concetto, the risotto was disappointing but I decided to give it another shot.

I was torn between the Crab Risotto or Lobster Pasta, and decided on the former. THEN THE GIRL SITTING NEXT TO ME ORDERED THE LOBSTER PASTA╰(⊹◕۝◕ )╯The grass is always greener on the other side, so I spent half the time staring at her food. I bet her boyfriend noticed and thought I was a weird lesbian stalker.

Okay lah, the Crab Risotto was actually quite good! My tummy is pleased (っ˘ڡ˘ς)

concetto by saveur crab risotto
Actual crab meat on that spoon, yesssss.

And after dinner... MORE IMPULSIVE SHOPPING. Bought the breakfast scrub by Soap & Glory, which I could not resist because it smelled somotherfuckingdelicious.

soap and glory smoothie star breakfast scrub
Yes the maple scent is indeed really great. I could just eat this whole jar for dessert.

soap and glory smoothie star breakfast scrub
I AM SO AMUSED BY ALL THE PUNS.

Award winning smoothie star

More soften than not

The breakfast scrub

***

I was supposed to go for Paint A Home today, which I cancelled because I wanted to go for the NBC career networking session, which I didn't sign up for because it was quite last-minute, and so I ended up spending money today instead.

STOP SHOPPING, EVE. STOP.

Okay, end of my happy day rambling! (o˘◡˘o)

In other news, my mum kept her makeup remover wipes in the bathroom and my brother thought they were normal wet wipes, so he has been using it to wipe his ass. HAHAHAHA.

***

(If you haven't already notice, I love using Japanese emoticons because they convey emotions so much more effectively than words or American emoticons. And I happened to find this article about emoticons; quite interesting although validity of information might be questionable)

No comments:

Post a Comment