Saturday, 11 July 2015

I'M SINGIN' IN THE RAIN

TGIF! 
˭̡̞(◞⁎˃ᆺ˂)◞*✰ 

It has been such an exhausting but incredible week, Which means I am extremely happy but crazy tired at the same time. It's that feeling of having all my energy drained and surviving solely on adrenaline rush.

CNM CAMP


Went back to crash NM Camp after work on Wednesday, and I am really glad I did (o˘◡˘o)

Of all the camps I have attended (which is quite a lot), I think NM Camp has always been my favourite. It has a good mix of being fun yet chill, and the camp is relatively small-scale which makes it more intimate and conducive for bonding.

I feel like such a proud mama, watching my freshies evolve from being shy and awkward to this crazy bunch of people, some of whom went back as OGLs/OCommers this year! (o^∀^o)

Caught up with a few friends, got to know a few freshies, then I had to leave because I had work the next day へ[ •́ ‸ •̀ ]ʋ

Well, at least I managed to take a photo before leaving!

Missing many people because they were busy helping out :(

SUITE DINNER


Rushed down to Adam Road Food Centre after work like some crazy mad woman because I was late by an hour, sigh.

Still, any amount of kancheong rushing is worth the effort because I got to meet my dear suitemates, yay (▰˘v˘▰)

As usual, we had such a hard time splitting up. When it was time to go home, we just kept taking photos and saying bye and talking some more until their bus arrived and they decided to run for it at the very last-minute, haha.

After living together for at least a year, just one dinner is certainly not enough. Sigh, those days of living with #07-163 will forever be one of the fondest memories I have.

We took this in front of College Green, which was the next best alternative to Tembusu College (or Town Green) I guess.

SINGIN' IN THE RAIN


I thought I would just go to work then go home and rest after two consecutive days of going out, or perhaps drop by Tembusu pre-camp. Instead, today turned out to be such an amazing day ヽ(^◇^*)/

Work was less hectic than usual, although I made quite a few mistakes today, sigh. I feel so terrible when I make mistakes, but I also know that I learn much better from mistakes because it will be etched much deeper in my mind (。•́︿•̀。)

The best part was going on a property tour because that means walking around the hotel and Shoppes, visiting the SkyPark, Infinity Pool and most impressive of all, the presidential suite (which isn't even the best suite but is so luxurious).

The view from one of the Presidential Suite bedrooms (⑅ ॣ•͈૦•͈ ॣ)

The less fun aspect would be memorising all the facts about different features of the entire property, although I am quite looking forward to conducting media tours because it sounds fun, albeit challenging. Hopefully the experience from helping out at several open houses will come in handy.

And then there was more mindless saikang like updating and organising the magazine cabinet, which the OCD-neat-freak side of me actually enjoyed. I like cleaning up messes and watching them transform into something presentable, hahaha.

But... the part of today was the free tickets to Singin' In The Rain

Oh my goodness, I was not expecting this at all! It would've cost $165 otherwise, aahhhh super thankful  (ʃƪ˘⌣˘)

It was for today's show, which was very impromptu, and they were a pair of extra tickets at different rows. Not that it matters though, because I jio-ed Nichol and she was so excited she kept spamming me in all-caps, hehe.

I had no idea what the musical was about and so I honestly was not extremely hyped for it. In fact, I wasn't very impressed at first, but the musical ended up being so amazing!!!

The rain really was the highlight of the musical for me, and not just for the novelty of having water splashed around in a theatre. I think tap-dancing on the water made for amazing visuals, and I loved how they cheekily splashed water towards the audience (`∀´) ☂ It was so amusing watching the front-row audience frantically wearing their ponchos when the lightning and thunder foreshadowed rain, hahaha. Breaking washing the fourth wall.

I liked the humour as well, when it was more of dry humour than slapstick. The guailan person in me approves!

Okay, this was actually my first ever musical, so I might just be talking nonsense above. Aiya, it's my own opinions so it is still legit, heh.

singin' in the rain singapore musical
SO GOOD. 5 STARS. WOULD WATCH AGAIN.

So badly taken but this was the only shot we had with the poster :(

Separated but never mind, free ticket so I'm not complaining ٩( ๑^ ꇴ^)۶

I think Nichol and I were both exhilarated from the musical's feel-good vibes and the fact that we got to watch it for free, so we just went crazy singing and imitating the characters after that.

My voice has always been a little high-pitched and screechy, so I kept annoying Nichol by imitating Lina Lamont's irritating drawl, hahaha. We probably looked drunk, like two siaozhabors.

Also, Lina Lamont reminds me of Janice from FRIENDS. That voice and laugh, oh-my-gawwwwd. The laughter sounds more like a sheep bleeting, 哈哈哈哈哈。
`、ヽ``、ヽ`ヽ``、ヽ`、ヽ``、ヽ`、ヽ`ヽ`、、ヽ`ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ```、ヽ`ヽ`、、ヽ`ヽ`、`、、ヽ`ヽ`、ヽ``、ヽ`、ヽ`ヽ`、`、ヽ``、ヽ`、ヽ`ヽ☂ヽヘ(^o^ヘ) `、、ヽ`ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ``、ヽ`、ヽ`ヽ`、、ヽ`ヽヽ`ヽ`、、ヽヽ`ヽ`、、ヽ`ヽヽ`ヽ`

No comments:

Post a Comment