Thursday, 20 August 2015

MID-WEEK BREAK ٩(^ᴗ^)۶

After a very busy week at work + going back for 3 Saturdays in a row, I finally got an off day!!! *cue tears of joy*

It's been a great week of meeting up with friends, and I'm looking forward to even more meet-ups later this week, yay yay! ╰(*´︶`*)╯

Shaun's send-off


Now that we're Year 3s, everyone is flying off for exchange. There goes another one from out batch!

LOL @ his 'goodbye' shirt

Went for dinner/supper at Changi Village after that, and laughed non-stop because the seniors are so full of shit hahaha. I haven't laughed this hard in a long time (▰˘v˘▰)


Dinner with moomoos


Rushed from work on Tuesday to meet the moomoos for dinner!

Dinner at Ajumma was meh. Paid $12.90 for army stew but the portion of (very undercooked) noodles was so pathetic. I think my own Nong Shim cup noodles with a slice of cheese tastes even better.

Still, the company means more than anything else, so screw the overpriced food.

We only remembered to take a photo after all but one of us entered the gantry. Spot the odd one out. 


Teoheng with Machiavelli


Met Machiavelli at Teoheng after my moomoo dinner! We sang till 1am, no less.

During our first formal dinner, we made the impromptu decision to go Teoheng after that and it has become a tradition ever since.

I strategically picked my off day on Wednesday so that I don't die after Teoheng on Tuesday, hehe. I was actually prepared to go for work the next day all zombified, until I found out I could take an off day.

We didn't take any photos, so here's a throwback to our first formal dinner together!


Meet-up with Tim


Met Tim for dinner, although the sequence of our meals were all over the place, hahaha. Drinks and dessert before dinner, because that's how we roll (._.) ( l: ) ( .-. ) ( :l ) (._.)

We started off with drinks at KPO Cafe Bar, cos they had 1-for-1 Strongbow cider on Wednesday!

Tim got the Strongbow Gold Apple and I got the Strongbow Elderflower – both were good!

And then we decided to share this dish called Chips n' Cream, which was basically potato chips with vanilla ice cream and salted caramel sauce. This was not worth $15 at all. I can easily whip this up at home by emptying a bag of chips and a pint of ice cream into a bowl – wow I never knew I had such culinary skills.

Oh well, I should've expected this from the menu description but a part of me was hoping the dish would amaze me somehow.

Okay, I give chance lah. The potato chips were not bad – really crispy and tastier than store-bought potato chips. The chips were apparently freshly sliced potatoes slow-baked for three hours. Hmm. After the BreadTalk soya bean milk incident, I don't know who to trust anymore (´・_・‘)

Chips and cider. I would feel guilty about the fats and all, but I was never one to care about diet so BRING IT ON.

Had dinner at EwF after that, because Nutella Tart and Har Jeong Kai Burger, how do you resist that?! ╰(⊹◕۝◕ )╯

-

I am really tired and it's 2:30am and I have work tomorrow, so this shall be a quick post.

*cue abrupt ending*

Goodnight everyone (ᴗ˳ᴗ)

No comments:

Post a Comment