Tuesday, 4 August 2015

I AM A PENGUIN (`・⊝・´)

The muscles in my legs are aching so badly, I spent the past two days waddling around like a penguin because I could not bend my legs properly when I walk.

Life has been pretty good other-non-leg-muscle-wise ヾ(^-^)ノ

Rachel's 21st


Went to Rachel's 21st party on Saturday! I got to stuff my face with lots of cake and cupcakes, which makes it a good party, hee.

It was nice catching up with everyone, especially with the very phantom Angeline whom I haven't seen in forever!!!!!! ♡ (∩˃o˂∩) *✧⁺˚

Also, the photobooth props were quite cute!

LOOK AT DICKSON. HAHAHA.

Play It Forward


Went back to work on Sunday to help out as a team runner, so I spent the morning running around MBS with a team of participants as they played an amazing race to win $50k for the charity they were representing. Hence my muscle ache.

Had to reach work at 7:30am but it was quite fun so I didn't mind, hehe. The best station was probably the one where they had to finish a tub of ice cream within 5 minutes, using coffee stirrers and without touching the tub.

Everything started out fine...

...and then all hell broke loose.

Some of their coffee stirrers broke, so they ended up shovelling the ice cream out of the tub and onto the table. And then they ate it off the table. HAHAHA.

It felt like I was an OGL again, aww. I miss that so much (′︿‵。)

Sigh, seeing all the photos of Tembusu camp makes me reminisce the OGL times last year at CNM Camp and Tembusu Camp. It was so exhausting and stressful, but everything was so worthwhile and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

I've been feeling a lack of meaningful social interactions at work lately. Cooped up at my desk in the corner of the underground office, staring at the computer all day. Helping out as a runner was what I needed.

Sometimes I wonder what type of work would suit me best. I have yet to figure out a career path that I find meaningful and in which I can thrive in.

Things seem to be looking up though. Work is getting more hectic, which means I have more things to do that does not involve staring at a computer screen all day. I don't mind being busy – it's better than feeling useless at work.

/Random: I try to avoid using terms directly related to MBS in case anyone accidentally stumbles upon my blog while searching for coverage, haha. I don't think my blog is significant enough to be detected, but you never know (⊃‿⊂)

Job perks


Work was not bad today because I got to walk around some of the museum exhibitions for free!

I had some time to spare while waiting for a bunch of kids to end their museum tour, so I just took a quick glance through the exhibits. It was more like an Instagram and Snapchat opportunity, hehe.

My face when I'm hungry but have no food.

Accidentally took a blurred shot but THIS IS SO HILARIOUS HA HA HA

This is so ugly but so adorable! It's adorable because it's ugly, if that makes sense.
 
This was the prettiest one I found.

"At 4000m depth, the pressure exerted by water on the body is equivalent to a cow standing on one's thumbnail."
And that creature is just going "wut?" 

I like to move it move it.

I finally got some exposure to sunlight while getting to and from the museum ヽ(⌐■_■)ノ☀  I sound like a prisoner finally released after 20 years in jail, gosh.

Before I started working here, I thought the office would have a nice view of the Singapore skyline. How wrong I was. I had no idea everything would be underground. Everything seemed quite claustrophobic at first.

It's quite cool though, seeing all the random hotel operations happen directly underneath the hotel. From washing the bedding to preparing room service, I never knew all these happened underground.

The dining room is also still as impressive as it was a month ago. A few days ago they had ice cream, yesterday was laksa and today was hokkien mee for the specials. And I love it when there's cake! And mushroom soup, and pasta with cream cheese sauce, and mac 'n cheese, and aglio olio.

Best of all, the dining room food is FREE.

It's been a month, and I have more things to appreciate than to complain about, so all is good (人 •͈ᴗ•͈)

And now, off to sleep even though it's not midnight yet because I have so much sleep debt, I can never pay it off in this lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment