Sunday, 20 September 2015

DANCING CRABS ON ICE

This title makes absolutely no sense. I don't like coming up with titles for my posts but it irks me to leave it empty so there.

I think working has made me appreciate my weekends so much more. 'twas yet another great weekend, with lots of food on Saturday and lots of sleeping in today ~( ‾ ⌣ ‾ ~)


ICE SKATING



Went ice skating at JCube with the CNNY excos because IT WAS FREE.

It was my first time ice skating and I am proud to say that I did not fall down. In fact, none of us did.成功!!! ✧*。٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و✧*。

Wah wah, so pro can balance without the railings siol (  ̄^ ̄ )

Had lunch at Itacho Sushi after that, which means I got to order the caramel pudding yay!

I looove their caramel pudding. The pudding has a really mild milk taste and goes well with the caramel because it isn't overly sweet. 

And their caramel tastes so much better than those syrupy goo you get from other Japanese restaurants. This is more... viscous? Okay my description sucks. tl;dr it tastes nice.

Look at that gorgeous caramel sauce (●♡∀♡)

Went for my first round of bingsu at One Ice Cafe, which is probably one of the most affordable bingsu you can find.

Shared the oreo bingsu, which was only $6.80! The ice was quite fine and there was enough oreo crumbs - not too shabby for such cheap bingsu (ok $6.80 is not cheap but it's relatively cheap).

The oreo crumbs look like very yummy soil.


DANCING CRAB AND O'MA SPOON



Met Shijie after that for dinner at Dancing Crab. I love seafood so this was soooo shiok!!!

Got the crab cakes for appetisers because they looked so yummy in the online reviews I've read. It looks so nondescript...

Btw that creamy and tangy sauce was quite yumz as well

But it's actually chock-full of crab meat!!!

This is a badly-taken photo because I could only use one hand. Basically everything under that thin, crispy layer was full of crab meat.

So much crab meat that one blob fell out of the crispy shell.

And then we ordered the Combo Bag with Sri Lankan crab, with their signature sauce. This cost a bomb ($88) but my love for seafood has clouded any judgment or attempts to be frugal.

They basically put all the food (crab, clams, prawns, potatoes, carrots, sausages) in one bag and then dump it all on the table. No utensils provided, apart from a claw cracker. You just eat off the tables with your bare hands. UNLEASH THE HUNGRY BARBARIAN IN YOU (∫°ਊ°)∫

Before

And here's a very messy photo of the aftermath.

After

It was really quite liberating to eat in such an unglam manner and not feel judged.

Okay, at one point I was trying to crack the shell open and flung some sauce to the next table, so I definitely felt judged then. But my usual embarrassing moments aside, it was quite a nice experience. Especially when you are forced not to touch your phone during dinner, haha.

Next stop: O'ma spoon!

As if dinner was not filling and expensive enough, we went for dessert anyway.

There was a queue even up till 10+pm when we left. After queuing for a seat, you have to queue to order. Sigh, Singaporeans and their food craze (who am I to judge).

Ordered the Mango Cheesecake bingsu, which I was quite uncertain about at first (because I dislike cheesecake) but ended up tasting really good! Shijie ate all the cheesecake so I didn't have to deal with it anyway.

The mangoes went quite well with the ice cream and ice, kinda like those mango birthday cakes from neighbourhood bakeries.

Look at this towering mountain of shaved ice!!!!!

This was the snowiest shaved ice I have ever had! So shiok to dig into that super soft and fluffy pile of shaved ice ʕっ˘ڡ˘ʔっ─∈

Not sure if you can see it, but the shaved ice resembles really fine snow.

Such a shiok day of seafood and double bingsu. MY TUMMY IS SO SATISFIED ʕっ˘ڡ˘ςʔ

And on a more random note, this 21-year-old bought a colouring book.

Bookdepository had several colouring books on sale so I bought Secret Garden and The Mindfulness Colouring Book. Then I got too impatient waiting for it to arrive, so I bought Enchanted Garden on Saturday.

On hindsight, I was overly ambitious buying so many because the illustrations are so intricate that it would take me forever to complete them.

The cover is too pretty for me to resist. 

Happily spent the rest of my Saturday night lying on my bed and colouring (o˘◡˘o)

Am I young at heart now?

This was my progress on Saturday

And my progress on Sunday

I think 3 colouring books can take me a whole lifetime to complete. Oops.

Maybe I'll give one away. It does make a really pretty gift. Let me know if your birthday is coming up, hahahaha.

Also, look at this person's colouring!!!

A photo posted by Meesha Wilson (@meesharose) on


A photo posted by Meesha Wilson (@meesharose) on

So pretty! This shall be my inspiration (☆▽☆)

No comments:

Post a Comment