Friday, 4 September 2015

DREAMWORKS, NIGHT FESTIVAL AND DAWN FLIES OFF

This is yet another overdued post. I started this last Friday, and one week has passed.

Well, in my defence, I have been rather sleep-deprived this week, which is ironic since I was actually quite free at work. I am more energised when I have more things to do. I think I really do have saikang warrior tendencies.

Still, life has been consistently treating me well these two months, and I am thankful ∩( ︶ ▽ ︶ )∩

I wonder if it is because I'm at work instead of school, hmmm. School always leads to unnecessary drama and feelings of loneliness. Right now, I'm contented just sitting at my corner desk, minding my own business and doing work.

Okay, I shall begin with last Friday. Last Friday was awesome, both at work and after!


DreamWorks Animation: The Exhibition



I was tasked to bring two different groups of people to the DreamWorks exhibition that day, which means I got to visit it twice! 

The highlight of the exhibition was Dragon's Flight, and it was truly amazing.

There was an IMAX-style screen and BEANBAGS!!! Lying on the beanbags definitely brought the experience to a whole new level. For that three minutes, you really feel immersed in the film. 10/10 would recommend!

Watched this twice and wasn't bored yet.

Went to meet the suite after work, because TGIF!!!


Night Festival with #07-163



We planned on having Maki-san for dinner, but the queues and crowds at Cathay were horrendous. SUCH A TURN-OFF.

So... since there were no seats available, we had a hobo picnic by the SOTA steps instead! ☜(˚▽˚)☞

Step 一个 (omg pun completely unintended)

We spent the first 30 minutes at Night Festival trying to squeeze through the hoards of people, and gave up the idea of buying food there because the queues were insane. Can fight with llaollao.

And then we chanced upon the Very Wishing Exhibition.

I thought it was such a simple yet brilliant idea! They give you these tiny balls of lights that flicker and change colours, and you just form words and shapes and whatever the hell you want with it. This entertained everyone, from little kids to 21-year-olds spamming photo and Snapchats (i.e. us)

Being the overly-attached suite that we are... tadah! Our masterpiece.

Here's a video so you can appreciate our artistic talents in their full glory:

video


Made our way to SAM next because we wanted to visit this flea market at the Glass House, only to realise we went on the wrong day. Somehow our collective IQ just did not realise it. We tried looking for the Glass House and then wondered why people were dancing in there instead (;¬_¬)

The heat was unbearable so I caved in and got momolato ice cream. Apparently, they were the Asia Pacific Champion at the Gelato World Tour? Nope, the ice cream was underwhelming. Not worth $5.

I can buy several Gotcha pencil ice creams for the same price.

We tried taking some photos at the courtyard but the lighting sucked. Dawn took this photo of us and I have no idea what was going on, ahaha.

Andy is the only normal person here.

There were local bands performing next to the courtyard and they sounded good, so we followed the sound...

Turns out, it was wyd:syd performing! They performed at the tCambodia concert that time and I was so blown away by them. Yey #fated.

Sadly, the acoustics at the courtyard was terrible and didn't do them justice.

It looks like a concert at a pasar malam.

Decided to get away from the crowd and we somehow wandered from SAM all the way to Little India. I have no idea how we got there.

Nobody could decide where to go, so we just walked aimlessly from Dhoby Ghaut to Bras Basah to Chinatown. Wah, so fit ᕦʕ ⊙ ◡ ⊙ ʔᕤ

And since Swee Choon was nearby... hee hee.

It doesn't look like much because it was pointless waiting for everything to arrive before taking a photo and eating.

(^^)-(^^)-(^^)-(^^)-(^^)


Sending Dawn off ●︿●



And then came Monday, so we went to send Dawn off before she left for Scotland.

I had lots of spare time after work since we were meeting at 1030pm, so I decided to heck it and have dinner alone at a restaurant. I've eaten alone before but never at a restaurant, so yay achievement unlocked!

Okay lah, it was just Xin Wang Hong Kong Cafe, not like some atas restaurant where I would feel like a freak. But still, I was quite proud of myself k ٩(。•ㅅ•。)و

Had my Kindle to accompany me, and it was very therapeutic to have some alone time. I have neglected my Kindle for so long, with school and work getting in the way.

In the 2.5 hours at the airport, I managed to finish the remaining of Rage by Stephen King and started on We Need To Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver.

Another step photo, hehe.

And then it was finally time to send her off (っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ We stayed till she entered the gates, despite her protests, hehe.

Can you see how tired I was from work?

Aww, I'm going to miss my alarm clock + water run buddy + constant source of motivation + mac commons study buddy.

And I just had to dig out this photo of her (●^曲^●) This photo accurately depicts how Dawn lights up our lives. Cannot think of anyone more aptly named than her.

Vicky is not here because she refused to wake up that morning.

It's going to be awhile before the entire suite can reunite again ( ͒˃̩̩⌂˂̩̩ ͒)

No comments:

Post a Comment