Saturday, 12 September 2015

ICE CREAMS AND HAZE

No work because it's Polling Day today, which means I am well-rested and finally have time to update my blog!

Finally, finally got a haircut after procrastinating for three whole months tsk. Went back to Gataomo, with the same stylist (Vaness Yeap), and I am happy with my new hair!

Before he started snipping away, he made sure to check with me if I really wanted to cut off this much of my hair “不然等一下你哭” hahaha, so cute.

Decided to be a mainstream trend-follower that day and tried 21 Cube's fried ice cream rolls! 'Fried' seems rather misleading term since technically nothing was being fried.

The ice cream rolls have an interesting texture since there are several folds, so it's a little tougher than normal ice cream? If that makes any sense. I would call this the tamago of ice creams.

Vanilla base with Nutella mixer.

The whole chopping and mixing of ice cream caught the attention of some kids.

And their parents got dragged along, ahaha.

Ran an errand at work a few days back and happened to be on the 57th floor, so I decided to take a look at the view from up there. Cheap thrills, hehe.

Would you look at the haze??!




Went back to school for CNM Society's handover and it felt sooo good to be back in NUS!!! (ᗒᗊᗕ)

I feel like I could've done a lot more as Vice President, but oh well it's time to step down now. Really quite reluctant to do so because it has been quite a fun job, but it's okay I will settle for being an overly enthusiastic senior ଘ(੭ˊ꒳ˋ)੭✧

Meet my successor, the ever so swag and fabulous Emma!

And since I was back in school, might as well drop by Tembusu. Oh man, I got extremely sentimental all over again (˃ ⌑ ˂ഃ )

It's a really strange feeling, to feel so much at home in a place that is no longer my home. As I walked along UTown, as I entered Tembusu, everything felt so familiar. It felt as though I've been doing it all this while, living in Tembusu and going to school this semester, as though nothing has changed.

Sigh, I really don't know how to deal with school without Tembusu. I am not exactly the best at letting go of things.

Glad to be reunited with half the suite though!


Aww a chalk doodle of some Shan people, including our suite! I don't know why I'm the one with Llaollao haha.

Thursday was quite a chill day at work, because I was in this holiday mood somehow.

Lunch was great because we finished eating in 20 minutes and decided to walk around The Shoppes. Shared ice cream from TWG with Jit, yay ╰( ・ ᗜ ・ )╯

Got the Napoleon Tea flavour, which had black tea with caramelized macadamia nuts. This was apparently their bestseller! Not bad, I liked the delicate chunks of macadamia.

Was trying to take a photo when Jit told me I should hold it up higher. Omg, my usually crap photos suddenly looked a lot better! You can compare this ice cream photo with the one at the start of my post. 果然是 Visual Media intern!



Got to vote today, which feels like some rite of passage to being an adult especially since it falls on my 21st year. Now that I am an adult, I guess I need to be less ignorant about politics(●´・△・`)

Currently Skyping Liana and Vicky as we watch the election news, hehe.

And now I'm just feeling super sian, because what would've been a long weekend is ruined by my Saturday duty (; ̄Д ̄)

Not only that, today's public holiday means I have two days' worth of news to clip. And there will definitely be election news. I shall have a nice, chill breakfast at the dining room to start my day well I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment