Friday, 9 October 2015

TGIF!!!

Took me an entire week to post this because I have been so sleep-deprived, no thanks to my body clock that is screwed beyond repair. Sigh, this article resonates with me way more than it should have.

I can't believe I almost overslept for supper today. This is a new low, even for me.

Okay, before I digress any further, lemme recall what happened last week:


Lunch in the freakin' haze



Last Thursday was a good day because some colleagues decided to treat the interns to lunch!

They said it was to thank us for the hard work preparing for Clean The World, but isn't that part of my job scope anyway? So there really wasn't a need to treat me for doing my job as an intern. Why so nice??! I am genuinely very touched :')

Soooo, we had lunch at South Coast.

And they sat us outdoors.

IN THE HAZE.

Dat haze tho.

Speaking of lunch, the dining room had the best dessert ever last Wednesday.

LOOK:

I can't believe they gave us Salted Caramel Almond Crunch snowskin mooncake from SweetSpot, at the dining room, for free. I took three servings and I am not the least bit ashamed.

To quote Clement, "TDR r0x". Hahahahaha.


The Intern



This intern went to watch The Intern last Thursday night!!!

The movie was not bad! Anne Hathaway was amazing as always, and Robert De Niro looked like such an adorable and kindly grandpa, awww.

ANNE HATHAWAY IS SO PRETTY AND CHARMING!!! (∩˃o˂∩)♡

I was so in love with the movie set. Especially the sleek and clean start-up office, which makes my space at work look like a slump in comparison. This article certainly did not make me feel less sian about my grey desk at my office that is located two floors underground...


Jit's last day ☹



Last Friday was Le Jit's last day of internship (′︿‵。)

(Oh yes, I decided that Lé Jit can be Jit's French name. It is pronounced as 'legit'. I am proud of myself for thinking of that because I clearly don't have much else of a life)

Went to St. Marc Cafe after work with Jit and Clement to celebrate her liberation from internship, and she treated us! Awwww (´▽`ʃƪ)

The Choco Banana Split was so shiok! The ice cream was alright, but what I really loved was the toppings, especially the pudding and cornflakes. It's like finding treasure - you dig through the ice cream only to realise you've uncovered a layer of cornflakes and cake hidden underneath that soft serve.

This photo does not do the soft serve justice.

We got Mango Fantasy as well, but I'm not really a fan of mangoes so I didn't eat much. Especially not after they decided to 'blend' everything together because it apparently tasted better that way...??!?!

All I could do was judge them (and film it down).

video

Aww, I'll miss all that nonsense. Now Clement is the only other nonsense intern to talkcock with.

I am significantly shorter when standing in between them, sigh.


Crimson's 21st



Last Sunday was Crimson's 21st birthday party!

It was so amusing to meet up with a few 1134 people again and realise how none of us have changed at all. We still each have our own habits and quirks and bimbo-ness, like Mabel always needing food and Choonz always having to pee.

With the birthday girl, who is sporting her 名星 asymmetrical haircut.

Man, I really miss those NYJC days. 1134 was the most adorable class ever, being a literature class and overflowing with girliness since we only had three guys in class.


TGIF!!!



This week got quite stressful when I was too worried about screwing up and making mistakes at work. I think I sometimes put too much pressure on myself to do things perfectly, especially when it is something new and I want to prove that I can accomplish it.

But as much as it gets stressful when I am assigned relatively challenging tasks that come with higher stakes if I were to screw up, I like it because each time I complete a task, it's like levelling up. I think it is the best way to make progress and learn from experience, so I am thankful for this week's tasks :)

My otherwise stressful week ended really well though!

The TGIF mood is strong today because work was so chill. I just sat there printing stuff and reading magazines, so I was actually doing work but the work itself was a breeze.

Ooh and I got to go to the museum today, which I love because it is my chance to get some exposure to sunlight. I leave home before the sun rises and reach home when the sun sets, and my office is underground. Sometimes I feel like I am turning into a vampire or developing some sort of vitamin D deficiency.

So I happily took some photos on the way back to the office, just because I am happy to be walking about under the sun. Sigh, I really get entertained by the stupidest things.

Spot the Sky Mirror by Anish Kapoor!

Wah wah, does this look like some stock photo for The Shoppes? Hahaha ok shaddup eve.

And to end my already very happy Friday on an even better note, I met up with Choonz and Yongshin for supper! My fellow Bukit Panjang buddies ヽ(^◇^*)/

I think we are quite fated okay, meeting each other back when we studied at a school located all the way in Serangoon!!!

We sat there for four hours talking and I really cannot think of a better way to end the week. Hopefully the first of many suppers/meet-ups to come (´⌣`ʃƪ)

Go market for supper also must take photo, teehee

-

Ending my otherwise boring post with something sooooper doooper adorbzxczxz, I read this article about Japanese kids being independent and the video was so cute and funny!!! Part two of the video can be found here.

It is this Japanese show that features little kids as young as five years old going out to run errands on their own for the very first time. Apparently, that is very common in Japan.

The kids are so adorable omg I almost died laughing. THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO BUY CELERY BUT THEY BOUGHT SOMETHING ELSE BY MISTAKE AND THAT VEGETABLE WAS TALLER THAN THEM SO THEY STRUGGLED TO BRING IT HOME AND BROKE IT ALONG THE WAY, HAHAHA.

Okay I am typing this at 5am so my brain is clearly shutting down. G'night.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! If you want, we can to follow each other on bloglovin! Just follow me here and I'll follow you back! ♥ https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/anna-alina-3947784

    ReplyDelete