Friday, 26 February 2016

NO ZERO DAYS

So my recess week has not been the most productive, just like all previous recess weeks. I slept at 6am, woke up at 6pm today, had dinner, napped again, watched Scream Queens and played Candy Crush.

Okay, I managed to do a bit of exercise and made a tiny bit of progress for my assignments, but that is nothing compared to all the lazing around.

And then I stumbled upon this Reddit post.
"A zero day is when you don't do a single fucking thing towards whatever dream or goal or want or whatever that you got going on ... Didnt' do anything all fucking day and it's 11:58 PM? Write one sentence. One pushup. Read one page of that chapter. One. Because one is non zero."
The whole concept is so simple: Just do something. Anything, no matter how minute it may be.

And I am guessing by the time you write one sentence for your essay, you are likely to keep going because you now have the momentum.

I read this before, but forgot all about it. Which is such a shame, because I think it is incredibly useful for days when you feel like you don't give a flying fuck about doing anything productive and want to waste your life swiping candies on a screen.

Okay, this shall be a quick post because I need to finally write some shit for my assignment. Who knew coming up with Tweets and Facebook posts could take this long?

No comments:

Post a Comment