Sunday, 21 February 2016

THE REVENANT, DEADPOOL & SOI 55

I have been neglecting my blog because of assignments, heh. Now that it's recess week, I guess it is due for an update! I might be swamped with work, but I still have a life okay? (⌐▨_▨)

The Revenant

Met up with Jit for our Soi 55 + movie date, and both did not disappoint!

soi 55 thai green milk tea
I have always disliked green tea, so I don't know what possessed me to get the Thai Green Milk Tea... but I LOVED IT. I think the green tea made it more refreshing, and balanced out the milkiness pretty well. I would probably find the drink too sweet otherwise.

This is us freezing in the theatre after watching The Revenant. I went in knowing nothing about the movie, and emerged in awe. This is the type of film you should catch in the cinema - watching it on any other screen simply would not do.

My limited vocabulary and knowledge of films will probably fail to do The Revenant any justice, so I shall leave it at that.

Oh, and I was craving for Popeye's but was turned off by the idea of eating meat after watching the movie, so I ate sushi instead. Props to Leonardo DiCaprio for eating raw bison... urgh.

These people were walking around, probably to promote Deadpool. They must be melting in those costumes.

Deadpool

Met up with Xing Xing cos it was her recess week! She had free tickets, so we watched Deadpool for free (⊙ꇴ⊙)

I barely know anything about Marvel, but I loved the movie! It was sassy, tongue-in-cheek, crude, witty, sexy, violent and a bit of romance without being sappy and cheesy. Overall an entertaining two hours. Remember to stay for the post credits scene.

Cannot lah XX, you are too demure to be Deadpool (✿◠‿◠)

Had dinner at Menya Musashi, and the tonkotsu broth was the most flavourful I have ever tasted. My ideal ramen would be this broth + Santouka's pork cheek, mmm (ˆ ڡ ˆ)

Wah Chee

Finally met up with Machiavelli last Thursday! I had an assignment and a presentation due the next day, but this was definitely worth my time. It has been a while, since some of us are not in Tembusu anymore.

This is a shitty photo of half-eaten food, but I just wanted to take a photo of something that day. Ordered the standard few dishes, talked about the same few things, and it feels like I am back in Tembusu again.

***

Survived Friday with two hours of sleep, went home after my 4-6pm lecture and crashed. Slept the whole of Saturday away, so I guess this recess week started the same way as all my past recess weeks.

Lots of assignments and projects due after this break, so I probably need to snap out of this nua mode soon. In the meantime, I am going to stalk this dude's blog because he travels the world to eat and review McDonald's food, and who wouldn't want to read about that?

This is making me miss McDonald's Spiced Butter Teppanyaki Burger... ╥﹏╥

No comments:

Post a Comment